FAQ for local guides
How to become a local guide?
- Sign up and create an awesome profile! Tell travelers who you are and what kind of tour(s) you have to offer.
- Wait for us to screen your profile and schedule your 10 minute onboarding call.
- Reply to availability requests from travelers and arrange awesome tours for them!*
- Get bookings and get in touch with your customers. Contact details will be shared after the travelers has completed the payment.
- Share awesome stories!
What if my city is not a Hi,hi Guide destination?
Bummer... Please send a destination request to [email protected] and we may add it soon.
How and when do I receive my earnings?
You will receive your earnings either through IBAN bank transfer (only within Europe SEPA countries) or PayPal (Worldwide) 48 hours after the tour. No transaction costs will be charged for bank transfers. In some cases, PayPal charges a transaction fee. These will be on your behalf.
How much is Hi,hi Guide's commission?
20% of the total booking amount.
Example: When you hourly rate is €10, travelers pay €12,50 per hour. Your earnings are €10 and €2,50 (€12,50*20%) is our commission. The hourly rate you enter, is the hourly rate you get.
Do I need to pay income tax?
You are responsible for your personal tax declaration. Tax regulations differ from country to country. Check with your local tax authorities to which laws you need to comply.
How do I get more bookings?
Here are a few quick tips to get more bookings:
- Create an awesome profile.
- Reply quickly to incoming requests from traveler.
- Formulate clear tour proposals, so travelers know what they can expect.
How do I delete my Hi,hi Guide account?
Send a message to [email protected] to notify us you want to delete your Hi,hi Guide account and personal data.If it's not too much to ask, please let us know what went wrong or what we could have done better.
Can't find the question you need?
We're always happy to help. Get in touch with our support and get all answers to your questions!